[LUG]"breadboard" for electronics / electrics

Hello all
Thanks for recent advice.
Pi Pico arrived yesterday.
No "breadboard" in the kit.
Do I want / should I have one?
Any hints?
On which, etc.

This is all totally new to me.  With a "breadboard" you can also
test-assemble circuits with restistors, capacitors, diodes, etc. and
"see what they do"?

I have a Fluke multimeter (from welding work - see what the welding
machines and their settings are doing) - is good for seeing what the
electrical contraption you have made is really doing?

So advice level - I have studied other topics to some level, but take
it know nothing about electric circuits.  Totally new field to me.

Regards,
Rich Smith