[LUG]anyone use "Arduino" device?

Hi there.

Software Cornwall - went to a "Tech Jam" and had a "micro:bit" doing
its thing.  Bril. - didn't realise how accessible these things are -
and seeing is understanding ... :-)
"micro:bit" - wrote programs in Python - came readily - soon had the
device doing things and things.
Lot of things I have wanted to do might be doable with a "micro:bit".

Was *shown* an "Arduino" - and example programs in C/C++
Looked online next day - says "Arduino" device has advantages when
dealing with analog inputs.
eg. voltage from a thermocouple?

I have programmed in "C" before.
Was mainly in later 1990's - somewhat credible programs

I'd like to be able to say I have tried an "Arduino".
Anyone in the vicinity have "Arduino"s?
I'm between Truro and Redruth.
Could order bits, but would be so wrong to try to do this alone - fall
into my own tiny furrow.
Would travel for invitation to see applications.

Regards,
Rich Smith