[LUG]20231127 Tom Potts. Condolences. I learned a lot from Tom.

To Gill Potts,
Attention     Tom Potts <madtom1999@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Copy:  Eion MacDonald <maceion@xxxxxxxxx>

List DCG LUG <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Gill, (if I may use your name)
20231127 00.20
As a very distant member of DCGLug (I live in Lancashire) may I extend my sympathy to you.

Tom was a help to me when I was learning about Linux many years ago.
He will be fondly remembered by me.

Kindest regards
Eion MacDonald
(address: 8 Kirkby Road, Culcheth, Warrington, WA3 4BS)

Hi Gill,

I used to meet with the Holsworthy group prior to Covid, with Neil and one or two others over the period. I did see/support his initiative to start the Coder Dojo group, as I was getting involved in Tech/Raspberry Jam activities with young people myself.

I'd like to join the funeral if I may, as I live locally. My email should be as above ( michael@xxxxxxxxxx ).
Thanks for getting in touch with the list, Tom was quite the character!

Hi Gill,

I used to meet with the Holsworthy group prior to Covid, with Neil and one or two others over the period. I did see/support his initiative to start the Coder Dojo group, as I was getting involved in Tech/Raspberry Jam activities with young people myself.

I'd like to join the funeral if I may, as I live locally. My email should be as above ( michael@xxxxxxxxxx ).
Thanks for getting in touch with the list, Tom was quite the character!

Best regards,
Michael.

On 26/11/2023 10:28, Tom Potts via list wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm messaging on behalf Tom. I think he attended a few years back in Holsworthy? but I can't recall who was a part of thst group at the time. I am sorry to have to tell you he was diagnosed with cancer 2 years ago and passed away on 9th Nov. Sorry for the delayed notification. The funeral is on Tues. If anyone should want to attend I can give you more details.
>
> Kind regards
>

> Gill (Tom's partner)
>
> On Sat, 26 Aug 2023, 11:53 , <home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Have arrived a bit early, table in 70s area. Will be here until about 1pm, then meeting my sister. Hope to see some of you today:-(
>
>     On 21 Aug 2023 15:00, Andy J Wills <home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> This Saturday, being the fourth of the month, is Plymouth LUG day. 12 noon at Moments Cafe.
>         Any takes this month?
> I’m back from Aus now, so plan to be there from 12. Will probably need to leave by 2pm as I have house guests.
>

>     --

Best regards,
Michael.

On 26/11/2023 10:28, Tom Potts via list wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm messaging on behalf Tom. I think he attended a few years back in Holsworthy? but I can't recall who was a part of thst group at the time. I am sorry to have to tell you he was diagnosed with cancer 2 years ago and passed away on 9th Nov. Sorry for the delayed notification. The funeral is on Tues. If anyone should want to attend I can give you more details.
>
> Kind regards
>

> Gill (Tom's partner)
>
> On Sat, 26 Aug 2023, 11:53 , <home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Have arrived a bit early, table in 70s area. Will be here until about 1pm, then meeting my sister. Hope to see some of you today:-(
>
>     On 21 Aug 2023 15:00, Andy J Wills <home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> This Saturday, being the fourth of the month, is Plymouth LUG day. 12 noon at Moments Cafe.
>         Any takes this month?
> I’m back from Aus now, so plan to be there from 12. Will probably need to leave by 2pm as I have house guests.
>

>     --

Regards
Eion MacDonald