[LUG]20231031 Re: Two Internet Connections

to:  DCGLug
Attention:   Rich Brown <rich@xxxxxxxxxxx>

to Lug List <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>         (This might not work?)
copy: Eion MacDonald maceion (Gmail) <maceion@xxxxxxxxx>

Dear Sir,
20231031
Re: [LUG]Two Internet Connections

I suggest leave the Wifi card connected.

I am normally set up to connect by WiFi, but also have ethernet capability when laptop is put next to router.

I can thus use either when computer is on shelf next to router.
Not its normal place.
I select which in the networks icon settings if I specifically
want to use one.

However, when I connect the ethernet cable, I find my laptop
automatically  prefers the ethernet cable connection.
It changes from the WiFi to the ethernet as soon as I plug in
 the ethernet cable.

This also happens on other folk's laptops, when I help them.

When I set up other folks laptops or do major updates, I usually
use the ethernet connection to avoid any 'drop out' on WiFi causing problems.

So leave both set up.

PS I do not know if the 'Lug List" address will work.

I hope this helps.
Kindest regards
Eion MacDonald

--