[LUG]Re: OT: Mailing list creation

On 26/06/2023 13:02, Henry Bremridge wrote:
On Mon, Jun 26, 2023 at 10:56:18AM +0100, Julian Hall wrote:
Hi All,

I volunteer with a museum and I'd like to create a mailing list that works
the same way this one does, so volunteers can subscribe to it etc, ideally
to host files too. Initially I thought of using Google Groups but that
insists all users have a Google account, and some people don't want one.
Also you must be signed in to Google to even search for a group, which I
think is stupid. [try searching for my group 'Barry War Museum', I'd be
interested to see what you find].
https://www.barrywarmuseum.co.uk/

?

That's our website, but what I meant (sorry if that wasn't clear) was searching Google Groups for Barry War Museum. We don't seem to come up, although I /have/ created that group.

Julian

--
“The great tragedy of Science — the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly
fact.”

― Thomas Henry Huxley