[LUG]voice to text

Just reading the latest Pimag (128) and it mentioned an offline voice to text app and I've had a play with the small model (uses <500meg ram) and it works quite well - Grandma is deaf and her hearing aids spend more time in the repair shop than her ears so I've been looking for something to help  and my voice tends to confuse these things - though there it would appear there is a way of making  your own models but not tried that yet.

https://github.com/ggerganov/whisper.cpp

built by

git clone https://github.com/ggerganov/whisper.cpp
cd ,/whisper.cpp
sudo apt install libsdl2-dev
./models/download-ggml-model.sh tiny.en
make -j tiny.en
make -j stream

run
./stream -m models/ggml-tiny.en.bin --step 4000 --length 8000 -c 0 -t 4 -ac 512

seemed to get the tv in the background near 100%

Tom te tom te tom