[LUG]Re: DVD No longer working

On Thu, 9 Feb 2023 10:07:41 +0000
Richard Brown <rich@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Richard,

Have you tried rebooting?  I say this because sometimes my system 'loses
track' of optical drives and USB peripherals (basically, anything that
is removable and one would like the system to, at least, offer you the
chance to mount).  The losing track happens most often, after
significant DE changes, AFAICT.

>Under devices it lists the dvd player as cd-rom, not
>sure if that makes a difference.

May not be significant.  See above.  Also, links in /media to my DVD-RW
are labelled CDROM.  YMMV, of course.

--
 Regards  _       "Valid sig separator is {dash}{dash}{space}"
         / )      "The blindingly obvious is never immediately apparent"