Re: [LUG] Huwaweee ban

On Fri, 28 Oct 2022 11:22:01 +0100
Simon Avery <digdilem@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Simon,

> WEEE

Ah, light dawns;  WEEE is an acronym.  I hadn't realised.

/me blushes.

>Of course, that means they'll generally all end up in the same third
>world back yard being burnt on an open fire to melt the previous metals
>out, releasing lots of toxins into the air and pollutants into the local

There was a documentary on TV a few weeks back on that very subject.
I didn't see it in its entirety but the biggest take away I got was the
number of govts, including ours, that simply ignore the issue,
because....

>environment, but at least you'll have ticked a compliance box and
>everyone's happy.

....of that.

But then, our govt seems to want to frack the fu^Hrack out of the
country anyway.   :-((

--
 Regards  _       "Valid sig separator is {dash}{dash}{space}"
         / )      "The blindingly obvious is never immediately apparent"