Re: [LUG] Devon Communications

On 04/10/2022 11:05, David Bell wrote:
I have just received a communication from Devoncomms.com stating that:

The accompanying "local council voucher will pay for wifi
Broadband equipment and installation (worth £600) and you just pay for
the data package."

"Equipment" consists of fitting a router and external rooftop/internal
aerial as required.

I'm with GiffGaff (O2) and a sim would could cost me £25pcm.

Has anyone else either signed up or is thinking about it?

David

I have pondered this Wifi solution for an elderly 'pupil', who due to
household problems cannot fit a landline ethernet cable or router.
(No access for power anywhere near his landline connection at wall, and landline phone is on a very long extension covered by debris)

A WiFi broadband connection could solve their problem.
However there would be no Council Grant in their district.
Currently they have a BT landline.
Outside aerial is probably possible, but how to route a down cable to inside is extremely complex and may not be possible.

Can you guide me to a Website or link, that would explain
exactly what is needed to be done to use a mobile phone SIM.
Presumably inside the WiFi router? or is it via an actual mobile smartphone?

Search engine data I saw did not answer the questions I had.

PS. They presently go to local library to obtain internet.

Thanks in advance

--
Regards
Eion MacDonald