Re: [LUG] FLOSS accounting software.

Main reason was that HMRC required all VAT stuff to be submitted by either MS Excel
and / or Adobe forms.
> This lack of suitable free bookkeeping stuff meant I had to advise
> them to keep a separate MS Windows machine just for accounts and HMRC and VAT
> stuff.
>
> Usually they used Quickbooks, and exported all reports and ledgers to
> MS Excel , whence it could be put into  LibreOffice.org; and transferred to their
> Linux systems for record purpose, mostly, as long as there were no macros inside
> the MS Excel sheets.

Quick books although not free is Browser based these days so operating system
independent. It’s also got a decent openAPI specification if you fancy integrating
anything or automating at all.

Robin