[LUG] FLOSS accounting software.

I've been using GnuCash for 12 years or so but it has certain limitations like not being able to top and tail a years accounts from the master file to the years accts. With the requirement to present acct 1/4rly coming up I was wondering if people have got tips, or can recommend FLOSS software that is preparing for this and is a bit more scriptable that my relatively computer immune partner can enjoy too?

Tom te tom te tom