Re: [LUG] Web cam and microphone

On 28/09/2022 08:09, Henry Bremridge wrote:
On Tue, Sep 27, 2022 at 07:46:57PM +0100, Richard Brown wrote:
    Hi All

    Can you suggest a suitable web cam and microphone for Manjaro Linux
    please?

Do you want a webcam for one person or for a group?

The fewer the people choose a smaller field of view
https://photo.stackexchange.com/questions/40694/field-of-view-of-a-webcam

I found the narrower the field of view the cheaper the webcam

I have a "standard" webcam that I bought at the start of covid,
works fine (although recently I sound like donald duck on zoom..
need to look into that)

Every time I update Skype I get the same and have to mess around changing the audio input until it eventually works - usually an audio input I already tried. Must be a common fault to all video conferencing software.

Julian

--
“The great tragedy of Science — the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly
fact.”

― Thomas Henry Huxley