[LUG] 20220719 Success. I feel improved.

To DCLUG members,
From your distant email member.
Attention: List DCG LUG <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Copy: Eion MacDonald <eionmac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Dear folk,
20220719
20220719 Success. I feel improved.

Normal DCLug emails are for help.
This one is to report a success (for me!).

I felt I should report on what to me was a success, and has improved the safety of using my oldish main computer use.
I have never got a Virtual Machine to work on my openSUSE LEAP system.
(Although years ago with Virtual Box it was easy on my then Windows rig)

I am used to downloading and burning a ISO of a distro I want to instigate to a USB and trying it.

Yesterday after much reading and some trepidation, I managed to get Ventoy boot loading system-menu working on a 32 GB USB stick. (Very worrying in selection of discs to avoid causing may main system to have problems).

Ventoy working. A big success. I have loaded some Live Linux distros on it in preparation for showing my elderly 'pupils' in September.
A good outcome.

(No copy of openSUSE DVD, as that can ONLY install, not work as a Live Linux; but a Live Linux version with openSUSE LEAP KDE installed.)

I felt I should share the good news. Please forgive if it intrudes on your space.
--
Regards
Eion MacDonald