Re: [LUG] Coding Club in Pz? (was Re: Raspberry Pi for the boy's 8th birthday!)

On 30/06/2022 09:53, fraser kendall wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jun 2022 17:55:52 +0100
John PNZ <jh.pcgb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

A headless pi is a good place to learn linux, an arduino or BBC
Microbit is an alternative good place to learn GPIO coding (but I’d
not take one in preference, they’re harder to work with).
Recently, I have been faced with a choice: either spend several hundred
quid on some off-the-shelf data-capture hardware for my teaching lab or
spend it on some arduino and build a range of devices to suit.  As an
educator, the merits of the latter didn't need much working out!

I now have quite a bit of 'arduino' and although it's not up for grabs,
I'd be happy to see it used in a 'code club' type of environment.  I'm
down in Penzance, the lab is in Longrock.  I've got a fairly good range
of basic science equipment which we can use to design, test and develop
any ideas; although my science is good, my C is rudimentary.

Is there anyone down here with coding skills who'd like to help to
start such a club? You can contact me on- or off- list if you are
interested.

Best,

fraser

re data capture - the pico now comes with wireless.

Tom te tom te tom