Re: [LUG] Scam callers

On 17/04/2022 17:34, Simon Waters wrote:
On Sunday, 17 April 2022 14:23:39 BST Eion MacDonald wrote:
Do not state you use Linux.
^^ This

I fear talking to scammers is a bit like talking to the police, it is very
unlikely anything you say to them will ever be used to help you.

There are some folk who make a living making their lives hell, but if you
aren't one of them probably best to just hang-up, unless you know for sure you
are prepared, and articulate enough to never tell them anything truthful about
yourself.

I normally just hang up. But sometimes, if I am a bad mood, I ask them if their
mother knows what they are doing. Then I add that she would be ashamed of them. Then
I hang up
.

But, perhaps because I never engage in any conversation with them and just hang up, we get very few such calls. One or two a month maybe. And almost no scam emails.

Neil