Re: [LUG] Any software for resurrecting microSDs?

On 10/04/2022 11:44, Tom via list wrote:
I was using etcher to burn the new Pi ISO to a microSD and for some reason it took a very long time for the linux to re-mount the disk and I popped it out just as the filemanager windows popped up. Now it wont even appear on /dev and doesnt even seem to illicit any errors that I can find. I cant believe its completely dead just from that and was thinking there must be some software out there that can get into it an bring it back! Anyone got any ideas?

Tom te tom te tom

I've found that Linux doesn't play very nicely with microsd cards. And most of the help online starts with "In your Windows ............." I found that, even with the recommended tools installed, Linux does not like exfat, which most big microsd cards come with now. I used gparted, deleted the partition, made a new partition and formatted to fat32. This is no good if you want to put big files on it, >4gb i think, but otherwise worked for me.

George