Re: [LUG] Any software for resurrecting microSDs?

Can gparted see it?

Julian

On 11/04/2022 08:03, L Smith via list wrote:
Might sound obvious and will at best delete all data. Have you tried putting the card in a camera (with adapter of course) and reformating it?

On Sunday, 10 April 2022, 20:58:36 BST, Eion MacDonald <maceion@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 10/04/2022 11:44, Tom via list wrote:
> I was using etcher to burn the new Pi ISO to a microSD and for some
> reason it took a very long time for the linux to re-mount the disk and I
> popped it out just as the filemanager windows popped up. Now it wont
> even appear on /dev and doesnt even seem to illicit any errors that I
> can find. I cant believe its completely dead just from that and was
> thinking there must be some software out there that can get into it an
> bring it back! Anyone got any ideas?
>
> Tom te tom te tom

Has it been saved as state "read only"?

I have had such problems where I stopped  program when slow when putting
stuff on USB sticks.
Two things happened: a)no MBR set (so USB device does not open)
b) device in "read only state".

I scraped the USB sticks as I could not find any way to sort out.
Sorry to be of little help.
But my heart remembers these events.
--
Regards
Eion MacDonald

“The great tragedy of Science — the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly
fact.”

― Thomas Henry Huxley