Re: [LUG] OT ish - Open Source android speech to text

On 03/03/2022 09:23, Giles Coochey wrote:

On 03/03/2022 09:15, Tom via list wrote:
Off to lunch with a near stone deaf ageing relative and wondering if anyone knows of a (pref trainable) speech to text android app that works without internet connection?

Tom te tom te I SAID TOM!!!!

I was under the impression that under Android, Speech to Text isn't an app, it is an input method. At least on my Samsung phone, I can use any application that accepts text, and just change the input method from keyboard to microphone.

I'm not aware of one on Android or Linux.. although as Google Translate works on an Android phone with the same input method it should be possible. I don't know of a FLOSS equivalent to the Windows program Naturally Speaking from Dragon either. Not working via a VM or WINE?

Julian

--
“The great tragedy of Science — the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly
fact.”

― Thomas Henry Huxley