Re: [LUG] Pre-paid SIM cards

On December 12, 2021 5:23:53 PM GMT, Sebastian <seabass@xxxxxx> wrote:
Dear all,

Home broadband is nice, but unfortunately one can not have a copper wire
trailing behind you at all times! As such I'm looking for a SIM card to
use for mobile internet. Looking through the catalogues of the usual
carriers, though, I don't seem to fit into the usual target market, so
I'm asking here to see if anyone can recommend a mobile carrier to suit
my requirements!

My use of texts and phone calls is very low (~5 calls/texts a year) so I
am happy to have a plan without that! Being able to receive them would
be a bonus though.

My mobile internet data usage would be somewhat sporadic, complicating
the situation further: I might not use the mobile internet at all during
some months but in others would probably use a few hundred megabytes.

I remember reading a few years ago about a SIM card intended for
Internet-of-Things devices, having a set (and not top-up-able) quota of
internet usage that could be used at any time in the period 10 years
after purchase. Sadly I can no longer find the company behind it :/

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated; thank you!

Best wishes,

Sebastian

I use data Sims for Three purchased from Amazon 24gb over 2 years for £45

https://amzn.to/3EQRrzF

Previously I had a similar sim from EE

Cheers

Anthony