Re: [LUG] Up for Grabs!

On Sat, 4 Dec 2021 13:57:44 +0000
Michael Everitt <michael@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 04/12/2021 13:47, David Bell wrote:
> > On Sat, 4 Dec 2021 13:44:41 +0000
> > Michael Everitt <michael@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> Just checkin' specs but pencil me down...
> > I have an early Ryzen which will provide a path for the easy BIOS
> > uprade which you can borrow.
> >
> > David
> >
> That would be grand :D I see I can grab some DDR4 RAM reasonably
> cheap .. but might wait until sales to get a CPU for it ..
>
> Where's the dividing line with Ryzen CPUs that cause the problem/need
> update?
>
> I'll take the S2H V2 for myself, and if anyone wants the H by proxy,
> I can do that :)

Mike

You are welcome to both boards.

My criteria re which CPU to install was what MS have declared online as
suitable for Windows 11  As some of the boxes were for Win11 use,
the rest for dual booting. For the current Ryzens on sale a BIOS update
(downloadable from AMD) is required. A simple process is shown well on
U-tube.

David