Re: [LUG] Samba

On 01/12/2021 12:04, Neil wrote:
> On my new laptop today I suddenly had some updates for samba. I remember now that,
> as part of the installation routine for MX, samba is automatically installed. I
> should have unticked the box, but obviously I missed it.
>
> I will never have any use for samba. Will it be safe to remove it, or might that
> cause some problems?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Neil

As far as I'm aware, you do nothing whatsoever involving Windoze, and therefore have
no use for the Samba daemons. If you don't have a NAS, or cannot use NFS, I'm pretty
sure you're safe to uninstall.

Whilst I have used Samba in the past, I'm pretty sure nothing I'm presently running
has Samba installed here ... (famous last words..)
Cheers,
Michael / veremitz.