Re: [LUG] OT Windows 11

On 29/06/2021 09:05, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Tue, 29 Jun 2021 08:39:00 +0100
Neil <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Neil,

been advised against ever doing that. Two different Linux distros, yes.
Windows and Linux, never.

I've never done it(1), but I was always told that you should install
Windows first, because it assumes it'll be the only OS an will overwrite
existing bootloaders, without regard for anything else.

I heard rumours that that attitude changed, but I won't hold my breath.

Another option could be to fit an HD sled (if such things still exist)
and swap drives:  One with Linux installed and one with Windows on it.

(1) I've never owned a Windows machine.  My path was ZX81, Atari 8-bits,
Amigas, commodity hardware with Linux.

I suppose all this about a new version of windows does not matter to me, thinking about it. As I have already mentioned I have not touched Windows for years. If, as sometimes happens, someone asks me for help with a Windows computer I simply explain that I cannot help them. And that is true. I would not know where to start.

Saves me a lot of time too, no doubt,

Neil