Re: [LUG] Disk Wiping

On Thu, 4 Mar 2021 17:32:58 +0000
comrade meowski <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is this where we find out by any chance that although you're not
> encrypting your computer drives at rest you think that it's important
> to secure wipe if not physically destroy your retired drives?

In days of yore I went in search of useable old PCs to make up as IPCOP
boxes. One local shop gave me a couple. One of them had belonged to a
married lady who, by simply looking at her E-mail programme and c:
drive, was carrying out a long torrid affair with a named married man.
In addition she had spent a small fortune on her card downloading porn.
As a bonus find photo selection, she was a very attractive woman!!! The
HDD was wiped, reformatted and the box made a very useful firewall.

David