[LUG] Can't restart properly

Never had this before. On my spare laptop I was testing a new (to me) distro via an ISO file on a USB stick. This is something I have done many times. When I had finished I shut down, removed the USB stick and restarted the laptop. Again this is something I have done many times. Then it should automatically log on to installed distro.

For some reason this time it did not work. When I restarted the machine it was looking to the USB stick to boot from and did not try to find the installed distro. I cannot see how to make it run work properly.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Neil