Re: [LUG] Linux failing to initialise USB bus at boot

On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 at 22:08, Julian Hall <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
A few times lately my system has failed to initialise the USB at boot.

You shouldn't automatically assume this is a LInux problem, especially if it is intermittent. (If it works at any time, the drivers are likely okay - but do check dmesg for anything that looks odd)

My home desktop has had this intermittent issue, developing gradually over its 18 month lifespan until it was happening after almost every hibernate or suspend.  That's running WIndows 10.

I fixed it by replacing the motherboard.

I tried bios updates, changing power management back to Bios (instead of Windows), lots of things. It was simply a failing motherboard, not an OS issue.

It was a mid-range Asus Prime board. Maybe yours is the same?