Re: [LUG] Anyone tried CodeMirror

Hi,

I've used (F)CKeditor and tinymce[1] before. Both are OK for formatting
text/docs for web pages (or dillenger[3] for markdown).
If you're after providing editing of code rather than the output,
something like codemirror or ace [2] would be better a better choice.

I've not used codemirror before for anything large (I did compare
ace/codemirror for a project but can't remember which one I preferred
now - don't think there was a lot in it). They act in a similar way to
CKEditor et al (ie, all frontend, you do the backend stuff put some
javascript on the page to magically convert the text areas), so it's not
too complicated to use. It's used in quite a lot of places (
https://codemirror.net/doc/realworld.html ) so I guess if you've used
bitbucket, github's code editor, ipython etc.. then you've probably used
it. As a result it's probably a good shout as a library to use as it'll
be fairly heavily tested.

Kind Regards,
Joseph

[1] https://github.com/tinymce/tinymce