Re: [LUG] Cant print from FF pdf viewer

On 12/01/2021 17:24, George Parker wrote:
> On 12/01/2021 13:24, Tom via list wrote:
>> For some strange reason if we try and print a pdf document displayed
>> in FF pdf viewer an empty file is sent to the printer. If I download
>> the document into Atril (say) and print from that it works happily.
>>
>> Anyone seen this or got a clue what might be up?
>>
>> Tom te tom te tom
>>

> I've had this in the last week in FF 84.02 / Mint 20.1. Open a document
> in FF and click print it goes into a print queue and just hangs. Like
> you I copy into something else, LibreOffice Writer usually and away she
> goes. Not really had the time or inclination to do anything about it,
> too busy elsewhere.
>
> George

You are missing a step. "saving".
On PDFs it is usually imperative that you save the PDF before printing
to avoid PDF conflicts.
E.G. a PDF saved originally in say USA Legal page format will not print
from a browser where the usual printer page setting is A4.

Printer refuses fixed page command from PDF.

This was a thing we often saw in USA /UK PDFs between our company's offices.

So we got into habit of always saving PDF locally, and checking it's
embedded typefaces and page formats, before printing.
PS Some folk in USA ticked box of PDF to be non-printable but only viewable.
It is a case by case problem.

Eion

--
Regards