Re: [LUG] CEPH

Hi Tom,

I have looked at Ceph in the past - I should probably revisit it as it
seems to have improved a lot in the last few years.

If you actually want to use it as production* storage rather the just
play with it, I think it requires a lot more than just one server to
start with. 4 storage servers seems to be the minimum suggested. If you
are just playing then I guess you can containerise and use a few as you
wish. The production network recommendations are also pretty high for a
home system.

It does look really interesting and seems to have got pulled in to a lot
of other container style systems (Kubernetes & Proxmox for example).

I am sure others on the list have more up to date knowledge (and opinions).

Let us know how you get on.

Happy New Year,

Pete

* I am using production loosely to mean a system you can rely on to keep
your data safe and one that will not require endless admining.