Re: [LUG] New Printer

On 16/11/2020 21:23, Julian Hall wrote:
On 01/11/2020 11:44, Michael Everitt wrote:

IF it's new, it's likely HPLIP doen't support /that/ printer yet - give it
a while, and watch for releases, they're usually pretty good...
Regards,
Michael.

HPLIP has been broken by the latest major update. Whereas older versions worked fine with my AIO, a HP Officejet 4655, the latest version bluntly refuses to recognise the scanner function although the printer works fine. It is a /known/ fault as it is mentioned many times online in fora. Nobody seems able to tell me where SANE stores the uri as I can force the scanner to work with the command line but SANE refuses to retain the location.

Julian

My HP Envy 6032 printer is now working fine. I do have hplip set up and I do use it sometimes to check on ink levels. There is always a pause when I ask to check those levels, with a message saying that the data is not available. I wait a few seconds and the information appears.

I have not yet tried a scan, so don't know if that works. I seem to be using version 3.20.9.

Printers are often a problem on Linux, right?

Neil