Re: [LUG] Keyboard shortcut

Some laptops use a FnLock toggle to change the behavior of the
function keys in the context of shifting with a blue Fn key.

But if F4 is really a function key and not "mute my microphone",
Ctrl-Alt-F1 to F7 switches virtual terminals. The GUI is often on
tty7, the system teleports from there to tty4 which isn't yet logged
in, and users who don't know about virtual terminals won't know how to
get back to tty7 by pressing Ctrl-Alt-F7. Some people use the word
"prank" after they suggest Ctrl-Alt-F4 as the solution to a newbie's
IRC query but that's mild compared to Ctrl-Alt-backspace.

I don't think I've seen an OS which switches virtual terminals just by
pressing F4 or Alt-F4 on their own. I think I've seen Ctrl-Alt-1 to 7
switch virtual terminals, using numerics rather than function keys, in
the past, but that could be wrong. In Firefox, Alt-1 to 9 switches to
tab 1 to 9.