Re: [LUG] Automatic Script

Hi Rich

You can compare files / directories with the diff tool

https://www.tecmint.com/compare-find-difference-between-two-directories-in-linux/

or man diff

As for copying files from one location to another, what is your aim
here, just copying and overwriting any with the same name,  overwriting
older versions with newer version or renaming files of the same name so
you preserve data and can sort out later.

There are users with more experience with diff who can probably better help.

Paul

--
Paul Sutton, Cert ContSci (Open)
https://personaljournal.ca/paulsutton/

https://www.linkedin.com/in/paulsutton2019/Paul Sutton
https://personaljournal.ca/paulsutton/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/zleap/
gnupg : 7D6D B682 F351 8D08 1893  1E16 F086 5537 D066 302D