Re: [LUG] May be worth watching. "infallible" computer program that cost much misery Panorama 8th June 19.30

I heard about it on the Private Eye podcast.  Absolutely awful state of affairs.

https://www.private-eye.co.uk/eyeplayer/play-367

On Monday, 8 June 2020, 21:39:24 BST, Julian Hall <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 08/06/2020 12:33, maceion@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> May be worth watching. "infallible" computer program that cost much
> misery Panorama 8th June 19.30
> Panorama, Scandal at the Post Office is on BBC One at 19:30 BST on
> Monday 8 June, or watch later on iPlayer.

If it's what I think then the PO need a swift kick in the
unmentionables. Come to think of it, /either/ of the two scenarios that
come to mind.

Julian

--
“The great tragedy of Science — the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact.”

― Thomas Henry Huxley