[LUG] HIP2P Client & WINE

Hi All,

I have been running a CCTV setup at home for a few months and until recently the software - Motioneye - has behaved. However it has recently become more and more unstable - randomly stopping the video feed from cameras, losing cameras etc ; as I resolve one thing something else packs up. Its latest trick is to refuse to see /any/ cameras despite them being active and - for instance - accessible via a web link.

I have a very simple setup consisting of;

3 x WiFi enabled cameras (D-Link clones I believe). Fixed IPs in the router.

1 x Raspberry Pi 3 with Motioneye OS installed on the Microsd card.

In frustration I formatted the Microsd card and used Disk Image Writer to - yet again - install the base OS back to the start. Then I ignored the config file I had saved and added the cameras by hand. Only Motioneye refuses to find them, so then I did use the saved config file which has all three cameras already set up. Motioneye /still/ refused to see the cameras.

I now want to ditch Motioneye completely and use the (sadly Windows only) utility which came with the cameras, as named in the subject above. However although the installer runs under WINE the installed program just puts a text file icon on the desktop, and double-clicking it does nothing,

Suggestions please? What log files would help you / me work out how to fix this problem?

Kind regards,

Julian

--
“The great tragedy of Science — the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly
fact.”

― Thomas Henry Huxley