[LUG] Jittery playback

Hi All

I have an old Lenovo ThinkPad 410 running Ubuntu 20.04. I attach a Dell monitor to it so the rest of our family can watch films etc when I am in bed.

When I do this though playback can become jittery and I get a spinning disk and pixelated screen. I am using Vivaldi and this happens when I am watching Netflix or YouTube. I don't have any other programmes running.

Any ideas please?

This is the very day God acted—
let’s celebrate and be festive!
Rich