Re: [LUG] Downloading E-Books

On 30/04/2020 12:22, Neil wrote:
> I do normally read a lot, and do use the local library. Now with the
> lockdown situation I am getting rather fed up with nothing new to read.
>
> So I have installed both calibre and foliate, to see what I think  of
> all this e-book stuff. I have never tried kindle.
>
> Just wondering the best places to get some books to try out. I have had
> a look around and, as usual, too many choices.
>
> Any suggestions please?
>
> Neil

Gutenberg Project.
All books in library of Congress that are out of copyright. (i.e. before
say 1930)
Includes books in  English, Chinese, French etc.
I originally used to download about 5000 books to each of many DVDs to
carry with me to read in hostile places, Still have the DVDs, but wife
now downloads each book she wants separately.

If you save to DVD then load into your hard disk you amass a very big
library

--
regards
Eion MacDonald