Re: [LUG] tracking a powerdown

On 24/04/20 22:18, Mark Andrew Smith via list wrote:
On 24/04/2020 10:10, Tom via list wrote:
Last night my laptop stopped dead - blank screen no response to
anything. I powered it off and back on again and set a full backup
running. This morning I started checking the logs but no indication of
what happened. Nothing!

Any clues as to how and try and track this down.

Tom te tom te tom

I'm guessing that your backup logs overwrote your "real" logs and wiped
the evidence of what happened.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing and you could've used a rescue disk/USB
and saved the logs before you ran the backup - I'm not sure what you
could do now...
TBF I wouldn't have thought of doing that at the time either :)

This is one good reason to have a boot USB stick on your keyring ... ;)

But yeah, I'd likely have failed to do that also .. :/