Re: [LUG] libre office macros/dialogs

On 23/04/20 15:32, Michael Everitt wrote:
You likely won't import CSV into a database .. you might pull it via Calc ..

There's probably a hundred ways to import it into a "real" database
(sqlite, postgresl, mysql, etc) - I've done something crude in PHP before,
but pick your poison - perl, python, bash (!), java .. I could go on ..

Regards,
Michael.
Anecdotally, once upon a time, I did import a text file using Visual Basic straight into MS Access .. but that was a fully-sensible supported macro/programming language pathway. I've found nothing even vaguely similar in the Open-Source domain .. and I would like to find something .. but there appears to be nothing ..

If I'm wrong, please correct me ... [no, I'm not gonna decipher weird StarOffice obscure data objects ... ]

veremitz/Michael.
PS. Oops, top-posting.. tut tut ...