[LUG] Desktop Icons

Never come across this before. On my desktop screen I have some icons for the few apps that I use regularly. I place them where I want them and they stay put. A double click on an icon launches the relevant program.

I set up my wife's laptop in the same way. Now she tells me that the icons are being moved on her desktop screen to a new layout. Why can't I have them where I want them? is her question.

I have looked around, but so far failed to find any reason. There may be a setting somewhere that I have missed.

Any ideas please?

Neil