[LUG] IRC setup

Hi all,

I've never really been much of an IRC person, but it's always been
something I've wanted to get into more. I'm not particularly au-fait
with some of the terminology so I hope you can point me in the right
direction of what I'm trying to achieve.

I have a relatively stable 70/20mbps broadband connection. I have at
least 1 RPi that's sat there not doing very much day in day out. I
would like to have a bit of software on the RPi that maintains an IRC
connection to Freenode (particularly the #DCGLUG channel), and I'd
like to be able to connect to my RPi using something like XChat. I
know I could just use a command-line IRC client and SSH to the RPi
when necessary, but I'm a creature of comfort and I like my GUI
applications.

Does anyone know of something like this?

Grant. :)