Re: [LUG] Mailing list - removing dclug.org.uk

On 27/01/20 14:17, Alex Charrett wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> For years we have been running two domain names for the LUG -
> dcglug.org.uk and dclug.org.uk
>
> The website consistley runs on dcglug.org.uk, but the mailing list
> supports both.
>
> To simplify the configurations, I plan to drop support for the mailing
> list on dclug.org.uk and ensure all the configurations are consistently
> only on dcglug.org.uk.
>
> It will also mean that the list will no longer accept mail to
> list@xxxxxxxxxxxx.  Please update your address books.
>
> This may affect your mail filtering rules it they rely on the dclug.org.uk
> domain name.
>
> Assuming that there are no massive objections, the changes will be made
> on Friday 7 February.
>
> Alex.

Hurrah! Finally !

I'm not 100% convinced I'm wild about the 'GNU/Linux' implied by the short
name, but having both aliases is a pain, especially when the mailing list
bounces to itself ..

The web side is trivial to implement with a 301/302 redirect, by contrast.