Re: [LUG] nearly offtopic - grommet terminology

On 25/01/2020 09:38, Simon Avery wrote:

> 1. Fabricate a large cupboard for the computer and put filters over
> that, rather than in the case. Larger filters restrict air less and take
> longer between cleans. If you can vent it outside or to a cleaner room,
> use ducting and 12cm fans power from the motherboard for short runs.

Concur. At open office with desktops on floor, we enclosed these in Drop
Over housings (plywood with 30% filter screen area, handyman made)[like
upside down waste paper bins] to reduce floor dust. skin, etc getting
inside easily, it also reduced the noise.

--
Regards
Eion MacDonald