Re: [LUG] Mint 19.x Login Weirdness

Hi All,

Many thanks to Mr Meowski, Simon Waters and Michael Everitt for your time and input. After all that aggravation I did as Michael suggested and created a new user, imaginatively named 'test'. That logged into Mint 19 Cinnamon with no problem at all, so it appears that /something/ in my normal account's /home folder has gone belly up. That /probably/ means I can rsync my proper Mint 19.2 into its normal state. Is/are there any usual suspect/s I can try to remove in /home?

As /home is a separate backup is it worth trying to recover the backup? That assumes of course that the problem hasn't been inadvertently backed up.

Kind regards,

Julian