Re: [LUG] SDTJ - VPN Talk

On 12/10/2019 18:24, mr meowski wrote:

I really would have liked to have made it your talk and was hoping some
of it would make it's way back to the list for those of us who couldn't
attend. It sounds like you were concentrating on some aspects that I
don't honestly spend a lot of time on like licensing and trust.

Like most busy sysadmins my concerns are almost entirely pragmatic so
neither of those issues would be considered important past the briefest
of sanity checks:

1: Licensing | Is it legal to use? If so, continue to step 2.
2: Trust | Do I trust them? No, of course not.

And then it's straight on to the practical considerations of
configuration and deployment.

Cheers

We didn't mention licensing in the meeting (although we would have looked at that if it was brought up). I just quickly looked at licensing when I got your reply, and GPLv2 & Apache is good enough for me.

We did talk about "trust" a lot - and I think that encompasses licensing.