Re: [LUG] VPN talk

On 26/09/2019 21:22, Michael Everitt wrote:

Thanks Giles, I'm happy to chew over some of the features of WireGuard as I
sorta know the dev through Gentoo if its something new(er) to you .. but
would be good to go over some stuff I'm sure.

So I have about 5-6 slides prepared, content will essentially be:

* Overview of VPN types
* Technologies
* Use Cases, including discussion of commercial "VPN services" seeing as that is what comes up when you google "VPN" * Overview / Live demonstration of Client-Site / Remote Access VPN (OpenVPN Client to OpenVPN Server on Pfsense) * Live demonstration of StrongSwan IPsec Site-to-Site tunnel using Raspberry Pis
* Review of Pfsense IPsec Site-Site tunnel to Cloud
* Is a VPN necessary for you? - just can tunnel a TCP port over SSH
* Q & A
* Optional - Diffie-Hellman(-Merkle) Key Exchange example (with small integers), oro, publicly exchanging a private cryptographic key.

I've not come across WireGuard, but a quick search makes it look interesting, so if you would like to chime in at an opportune moment to talk about that then I'd be interested in learning about that too. Perhaps after I've gone through the OpenVPN part?

--
Giles Coochey