Re: [LUG] 20190801 Can DC Lug members help elderly ?

i live in plymouth ,and am looking for someone to install linux for me. can anyone help
regards
keith bell

On Thu, 1 Aug 2019 at 11:03, maceion@xxxxxxxxx <maceion@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

20190801 Dear DC folks, On BBC I noted this short piece re Cornwell.
Albeit not Linux-y, it is proprietary based stuff.[Amazon]

quote
Volunteers wanted to help elderly use new technology

Karen Stuart

BBC Radio Cornwall

Cornwall Council is looking for volunteers to help older people use new technology.

The council has been awarded funding as part of an initiative from Age UK Cornwall to provide voice-controlled assisted technology to support isolated people.

The authority is asking volunteers who could spare some time in the areas of Saltash, Camborne and Liskeard to help an older person set up their new devices called Echo Spot.

The devices have been funded by a Cornwall Council Technology Enabled Care grant.
--
Regards
Eion MacDonald