Re: [LUG] Text Editor

On Tue, 18 Jun 2019, Neil wrote:

I have had a look at nano. One problem is that it uses a US dictionary for its spell checker, which is no use to me. I still cannot find out how to change that, or even if it is possible,

That's not nano, that's the spell checker that nano is using.

If you are using a debian based distro, then:

 sudo apt-get install ibritish wbritish-huge

and you may want to purge any other dictionarys.

  dpkg -l | grep -i diction

will give you a list, then you can apt-ge purge them.

Also, it may depends on your nano being configured to use ispell or aspell. Easy to check and get the right dictionarys.

Gordon