Re: [LUG] OT: Spotify

I use it, it's pretty slick. It's a massive size because it runs as a snap, which I believe essentially means that the snap contains all the dependencies to run and doesn't use any of the normal system libraries, this allows snaps to be portable and means that they're more likely to work in different environments, unfortunately it means that its a glutton for disk space, and if you run lots of snap type applications you have a lot of redundant libraries on your system. That's how I understand it anyway.