Re: [LUG] Less systemd

On Sat, 2 Feb 2019, Tom via list wrote:

For those of you who think SystemD is not such a good idea I've found you can now get Devuan for the RapsberryPi so I may have a play with that so long as I dont dd my harddrive again!

https://files.devuan.org/devuan_jessie/embedded/

I've yet to try it on a Pi, but it's been working very well for me on my desktop, laptops and a couple of servers fo some time now.

Just about to upgrade an old Laptop to "ascii" which is their next release diverging from the Debian naming scheme.

Currently running all my Pi's without systemd using:

http://without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/How_to_remove_systemd_from_a_Debian_jessie/sid_installation

Which is more or less what Devuan Jessie is. I understand they're slowly working to remove libsystemd from future releases though.

Gordon