Re: [LUG] Connecting Ubuntu Laptop to Ubuntu Desktop

Yes I was. I did try both!

Rich

On 19/01/2019 12:18, Grant Phillips-Sewell wrote:
On Sat, 19 Jan 2019, 12:16 Rich <rich@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi All

It seems as though this should be simple! I have folders on the desktop
machine that I have right clicked and selected Local Network Share.
Within the settings I then clicked share this folder and allow guest access.

On my laptop I then open files and select other locations and then
select the desktop. I have the folders listed as shared. I double click
and get a dialogue box that says password required for share movies. If
I ignore this and click collect, it tells me unable to access location,
Permission denied. I then try selecting registered user and I enter my
username and password and it gives me no dialogue box just returns to
the same screen.

What am I doing wrong please and how can I fix it. Many thanks.

--
See you

Rich

Are you entering the username and password of the desktop user that owns the files/folders?

Grant. :)

--
See you

Rich