Re: [LUG] BT removing spying eqpt

On 06/12/2018 07:26, Tom via list wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/dec/05/bt-removing-huawei-equipment-from-parts-of-4g-network

Tom te tom te tom

I think the concern is not so much that the equipment is actively spying, but that if tensions were to increase between China and 'The West' that Huawei could cease to support and provide security patches for the equipment installed. If Huawei could prove that it isn't a Chinese State Actor, with say significant domestic R&D & Support within the UK then this wouldn't be so much of a problem. I think this is more pressure from the likes of the NSA on the 5-eyes data surveillance alliance, guided by the Trump administration to put the pliers on the Chinese government due to the ongoing trade disputes.